The Blount monument in Mapledurham church (photograph: Liam Tiller).
The early history of Mapledurham was the subject of ORS Volume 7 (1925).
Welcome to the Oxfordshire Record Society
The Oxfordshire Record Society was founded in 1919. In 2019, it celebrated 100 years of publishing primary sources for the history of the county of Oxfordshire, and raising awareness and understanding of this vital evidence of the historic county.
Echoes of wider conflicts at Steeple Barton. Oxfordshire’s Civil War records feature in eight ORS volumes.
The Society’s objectives
- To make primary sources for the history of Oxfordshire’s people and places accessible
- To raise awareness and understanding of this vital legacy
- To encourage research and links between researchers
What we do
- Publish an annual volume of original Oxfordshire sources, with an introduction written by an expert editor
- Undertake special projects, e.g. An Historical Atlas of Oxfordshire
- Organise an annual event, including an AGM